While toss & wash is my usual go-to method, sometimes I enjoy brewing some kratom tea. Kratom tea can provide you with stress relief after a tough day at work…or you can enjoy it first thing in the morning to get a jump start on your day. Green and white vein strains are most commonly sought after for their energizing properties while red vein strains are known for their analgesic and sedative properties.
This is a simple recipe and it produces a tea that is easy to drink and quite effective.
- Start with some powdered leaf and measure out your normal dosage.
- Bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil in a kettle.
- Add the kratom and some lemon juice into a small pot. I usually do about 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice but you can add as much or as little as you want.
- Add the boiling water to the pot with the kratom and lemon juice and stir to get it well mixed.
- Get a rolling boil going and then turn heat down to medium or medium-high for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a cup with a reusable coffee strainer like this one that I got on Amazon.
- Finally, take the tea and run it through the strainer, over the kratom, a second time to get as much as possible.
- Some like to add a little honey or other sweetener…I like it just fine with the lemon juice